Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday, Inspired by a Beverage/Food

Good morning everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I'm doing ok, I've been better but I've been worse so I'm going with that. :)

Today's prompt is Inspired by a Beverage/Food.Well with OPI's recent Coca-Cola collection I had to go with my very favorite soda, Vanilla Coke! Here's my disclaimer, yes I know it's bad for me. So don't even start with your lectures and facts and figures... I get it. I'm 33, I know. But it makes me happy... so I drink it. It's my decision after all. :)


For this mani I started with 2 coats of OPI You're So Vain-illa then topped it with Glisten & Glow HK Girl. For the soda and bubbles I used acrylic paint. (If you'd like to see how I make my bubbles you can see a pictorial I did on Amanda's blog here!) Then I sealed it all in again with HK Girl

These didn't turn out quite how I imagined, but they get the idea across! They also remind me of a concoction I've seen Cristina Alvarado (Her Instagram is here, you should be following her! Her work is AMAZING!!) drinking; a mixture of Coke and Evaporated Milk. I want to try it so bad but haven't yet. It isn't that bad for you is it? 

So what do you think? Do these remind you of Vanilla Coke? Or maybe evaporated milk and Coke. Any of you had that mix? What does it taste like!?! 

Be sure to go check out the other Twinsie blogs to see how they interpreted this theme!!!! Linked below!

Thanks for reading!

~casey
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
​Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision


No comments:

Post a Comment