Monday, June 2, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday, Favorite Indie Brand

Good morning friends! Happy Twinsie Tuesday! 

Today's theme is near and dear to my heart, our favorite indie brand. For those of you that don't know, an indie polish is a handmade polish. These polishes are becoming more and more common, and there are a lot of fantastic ones on the market so picking a favorite wasn't easy. Especially since I swatch polishes for a few indie makers. 

Then it came to me, the indie polish that started my serious crush on indies is Pipe Dream Polish Pink Elephants and Lemonade. So that has to be one of my top favorite indie brands. 



Here you see 3 dreamy coats of Pink Elephants & Lemonade plus top coat. I haven't worn this one in a while, some of the glitter has floated to the outer edges of the bottle, but it still went on like a dream.

After I bought this polish and got it home and put it on I remember thinking "Oh my..... so THIS is what all the fuss is about!" And that is what started my love of indies. I purchased many of April's polishes and haven't received a bad one. Then last fall she asked me to do some swatching for her, it was like a dream come true! This polish is what made me really want to start swatching in the first place, and the woman who makes it asked me to swatch polish for her! That was an awesome moment for me. And I continue to be blown away by the fantastic Pipe Dream Polish formula and variety. 

So, this is my favorite indie brand. There are many many others out there that are wonderful too, you should check them out if you haven'. I know a lot of people think indie's are too expensive, but they really aren't that much more than traditional salon brands. Especially when you figure in the fact that they are hand crafted. It's pretty awesome stuff. 

I hope you all enjoyed this manicure! April has her shop (www.pipedreampolish.com)closed down for a few days while she works on getting her nail tech license (Go April! You got this!) but be sure to check out her store later this week for this polish and many others.

Be sure to head to the other Twinsie's blogs to read about their favorite indies!

Thanks for reading!

Casey

Amanda at Amandalandish

Chelsea at Nailed Blog

Elizabeth at Did My Nails

Kelly at Tuxarina

Marisa at Polish Obsession

Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les

Stephanie at A Little Polish

Traci at DrinkCitra




**The polish in this post was purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment