Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday, Classic

Good morning everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Today's theme is Classic... I thought about going with a classic French Tip, or a nice neutral Mauve, but the more I thought about it the more I kept thinking RED. Red is a classic nail polish color, I think it was one of the first colors worn on nails. Plus, I have a very "classic" red to share.

This is OPI Coca-Cola Red.


To me, this is a true "classic red". It's a really true red, doesn't lean orange or show any blue undertones (to me). It's just straight up red. Awesome red. Red based on the best soft drink ever invented, Coca-Cola. It's my weakness and I'm not ashamed of it. Judge me all you want, but please don't try and chastize me or lecture me about it. I know it's bad for me, I'm almost 34, I'll drink it if I want to. ;) haha :)

This mani is 2 smooth coats of Coca-Cola Red topped with HK Girl by Glisten and Glow. Truth be told this was on day 3 of my mani, I forgot to snap pics on day 1, and it held up so well I went with it. I wish I would've moisturized a little before I snapped the pic, but what can you do. 

I'm not a fan of red nails on myself, it's my husbands favorite polish color. Go figure. But I do love this one, even on me. Maybe it's just my love for Coke, who knows. 

So what do you all think? What do you consider a "classic" mani? 

Be sure to check out the other Twinsie's manis this week, linked below. 

Thanks for reading!

~casey

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
​ Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision
Traci at DrinkCitra


No comments:

Post a Comment