Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My First Twinsie Tuesday Post!

Good morning everyone! Today I have some very exciting news. A couple of weeks ago I was asked to join the blogger group called Twinsie Tuesday! For those of you that don't know, Twinsie Tuesday is a group of about 20 nail bloggers that post together every Tuesday following prompts.

I've been following this group for a while, and had become friends with some of these lovely ladies already. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw that email from Marisa asking me if I would be interested in joining. Lately I've been doing so much swatching that I haven't done much (if any) nail art. I love following prompts with a group of people too, seeing all the different interpretations is so much fun.

So, for my first Twinsie Tuesday post the prompt is Favorite Color Combo. I saw this and was immediately stumped..... I have way too many favorite color combos to pick just one! So I decided to go with one that I see a lot but haven't done much of on my nails. And since it's been so long since I've done nail art, I went with a "mix-n-match mani": one of my favorite nail art techniques.

More pics and details after the jump!



Here are the polishes that I used for this manicure. 

OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips, Black Onyx, and This Gown Needs a Crown


Pipe Dream Polish All These Diamonds and Bijou Baccate


I started this mani the night before by painting Black Onyx on a sandwich baggie so that I could cut chevrons out of a "sheet" of polish. There are a lot of videos on YouTube and pictorials all over the internet for this technique. I really love it, but it had been a while since I'd done any nail art so I struggled a bit. After letting the paint dry overnight I peeled it off the baggie and cut it with craft scissors to get chevron shapes, then set those aside. 

After putting down my base coat (1/2 OPI Nail Envy, 1/2 Essie Grow Stronger) I painted 2 coats of Kiss Me On My Tulips on my ring finger and thumb, 2 coats of Black Onyx on my pinky and index finger, and 2 coats of This Gown Needs a crown on my middle finger. 

My middle finger got 2 coats of Pipe Dream Polish All These Diamonds and that was it. No need to add to it, it was so much sparkly goodness I could hardly stand it.


For my index finger I did a glitter gradient with Pipe Dream Polish using the polish brush. I start by painting the glitter halfway down the nail, let that dry then add more 1/4 way down the nail, let that dry then add a little more to the tip. Glitter gradients are really forgiving and easy to fix, so I love them. They look fancy but don't let them intimidate you!


My pinky finger got a simple dotticure with Kiss Me On My Tulips and This Gown Needs a Crown. I just used 2 different sizes of dotting tools and mixed them in.


Last but not least, my ring finger and thumb. I had to enlist the help of my wonderful husband Mike for this one. Using tweezers I placed the chevrons I cut from the polish strips I made earlier. I had to put them where I wanted them then have Mike press them down for me. You want to let your base color dry before you place these, otherwise you'll get some finger prints. Thank goodness he was here to help and that he's sweet enough to help me. I was super shaky when I was doing this mani so I needed the 3rd hand. 




One every nail was done and cleaned up with acetone and a clean up brush I added 2 coats of Glossy Glam Topcoat

So what do you all think? Black, pink, and silver are always a good bet. I'm really happy with this mani and I plan to keep it on for most of the week! (that's an eternity for a swatcher!)

Be sure to go check out all of my Twinsie Tuesday friends and their favorite color combos! Links to all of their blogs are below!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this mani! I can't wait to bring you more Twinsie Tuesdays!!!!

~casey

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

No comments:

Post a Comment