Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Glossy Glam...

Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week so far. We’re halfway through it!

I’m very excited about today’s mani!!! OPI Can’t Find My Czeckbook is one of my all time favorite colors; seriously, I’d put it in my top 5. And those of you that have as many polishes as I have know how special that is. About a month ago I did a polish swap with the lovely Alysia when I was able to find the new Salon Perfect glitters and she couldn’t. In the goody box she sent me in return was Color Club Very Merry Berry. As soon as I saw it I knew I’d have to pair it with CFMC someday, that day is today, and I am so happy with the results.

Another reason I am excited about this mani is because I used my new topcoat for the first time. Now I have been a diehard Seche Vite user for over a year now, maybe 2 years. But, we all know about Seche’s fickleness. It tends to get thick, it can shrink your mani, and sometimes it gets bubbly. I’ve been working around this for a while now, because even with all of its faults Seche Vite is AMAZING stuff. It dries your nails (all layers) in minutes and has a thick, glassy finish that just can’t be beat. But, a couple of weeks ago I saw a post on Instagram from Rica that she was going to start selling a quick dry topcoat in her Etsy shop. I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first. I’ve been devoted to my precious Seche for so long… so I decided to wait until some bloggers started reviewing Glossy Glam. The reviews have been incredibly positive. Everyone was saying it was as glassy as Seche but NO SHRINKAGE! So when I saw she restocked again last week I quickly ordered 2 bottles. I got my purchase 4 days after I ordered it too, so very fast shipping. As soon as I got it I had to try it out. Now I will say Glossy Glam doesn’t dry as fast as Seche, but it does dry pretty fast. I didn’t time it, but within 5 or 10 minutes I could touch them w/ no problem, I just had to be careful to not hit them on anything too hard. I painted my nails around 30 minutes before bed, they were still a little tacky feeling, but dry enough that I was comfortable going to bed. (carefully) The next morning I checked them first thing, and WOW! It is so glossy!!!! And it had set completely and was rock hard. Some fast dry top coats I’ve tried never really feel like they have “cured”, that is not the case with this stuff. I gotta say, after just one use I’m amazed. I’ve had this mani on for 3 days and I have almost no signs of wear, none of my usual scuffing on the top, it’s still just as shiny as it was that first day. I really love the bottle and clean labeling.


So, on to the mani so you can see it in action.


For this manicure I used 2 coats of OPI Can’t Find My Czeckbook, then 1 coat plus some placed glitter of Color Club Very Merry Berry. I topped it off with Glossy Glam and it was good to go! Look how well GG smoothed out this chunky glitter!!!!



And of course, a macro of the glitter; because that’s what macro lenses were made for. Duh.


Be sure to check out Rica’s shop on Etsy! Glossy Glam is $6.50 per bottle plus shipping. And check her out on Instagram! She’s super sweet and posts updates on her stock.
Thanks for checking my blog out.

Until next time, happy polishing!

~casey

***The products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment