Saturday, July 27, 2013

Will paint nails for food....

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all having a good weekend so far. I took the day off work yesterday with no errands to run, nowhere to be, nothing in particular to do. And it was wonderful!

Last night we went to a good friend’s house for dinner, my friend Kristen, her husband Tim, and their two girls Claire (9) and Kendall (2). We have been friends since elementary school, I won’t go into detail about how long ago that was, we will just say that it’s been a while. Kristen is always fun, full of laughs, and a great cook. So she made us and her family dinner; fried chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, green beans, rolls, yummmmmm. I took a bottle of Three Olives Strawberry Vodka and a jell-o poke cake. And as a thank you for the tasty meal, I took along my nail polish supplies to do a few manicures.

First up was the baby. I've never painted toddler nails, it’s tricky. Especially when said toddler is feeling a bit sleepy and very squirmy. But with the right amount of distraction from mom and sissy we got the toes done. Kendall picked her own color and it was hilarious. She said “I want piiiiiink”, but her pink sounded like a sigh of love. Girl after my own heart!



After baby Kendall was done it was Claire’s turn. I didn't get a picture of her toes, but she wanted “Hawaiian flowers”. We did pink on pink with silver dots. Then she wanted “puzzle nails”, aka interlocking dots. I didn't get them as cleaned up as I’d like to, she was getting antsy. She’s a super sweet girl and did a great job holding still for me, but by the time we finished her toes and fingers she was at her limit. She was really happy with them, and according to mom she is borderline obsessing over them today. For these we used NOPI Naturally and Sally Hansen Celeb City.




Then it was mamma's turn. She loved the nails that I did for my friend Ashlea a couple of weeks ago, so we did a mani inspired on those. I think her color choices turned out great! We used Sally Hansen Celeb City, Finger Paints Santa’s Magic, chevron decals that I made on a sandwich baggie with China Glaze Liquid Leather, Color Club Beyond, and China Glaze Pink Voltage (neon). Everyone’s got topped w/ Seche Vite and voila!




Hope you all enjoyed these nails as much as I enjoyed doing them!

Happy polishing!

***all products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use***

No comments:

Post a Comment