Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Minion Nails!!!

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a good week so far! I've been a little under the weather, but I'm starting to feel better. I think it's mostly just allergies. Why do we say "just allergies" anyway? I mean really, if you have allergies like mine there's no "just" about it... they suck. 

But this isn't a blog about allergies, it's about nails! And these are some of my favorite nails that I've done. Who doesn't love the Minions from Despicable Me 1 & 2? They are some of the most lovable characters ever. We had a hectic 4th of July weekend, but my sweet husband took me to see it the next weekend. So of course, I had to have Minion nails for the occasion. 

This was before I started a blog, so I only got a couple of pictures, and they aren't great. But they're enough to get the idea. I used this pictorial by the amazing Alaina over at The Little Canvas. You should go follow her blog if you're not already, for real. 

On to the pictures. 




Colors used:
Ulta Blue Streak
Ulta Sun-Sational
OPI Black Onyx
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips (for the little tongue) 
and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City

I free handed their little overall tips with the polish brush, then with a detail brush I painted in the strap for the goggles and their mouths.Then with a dotting tool I made silver dots, let them dry a bit, then white dots, let them dry a bit, then the little black pupil. Overall it was a really easy look to accomplish!

I hope you all enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed doing them and wearing them! You can't help but smile when you're at work and you look down to realize your minions are doing your work for you. ha :) 

Thanks for reading!

~casey

***all products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use***

No comments:

Post a Comment