Sunday, July 21, 2013

Birthday nails for Ashlea...

Hello friends! I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. This weekend was the first time in a month or so that my husband and I got to stay home, it’s been great. I’ve been doing lots of nails today for upcoming posts! I’m so excited for this blog and to share my work with all of you.

For tonight’s post I’m sharing a birthday mani/pedi I did for my friend Ashlea a couple of weeks ago. Ashlea is a fellow polish lover, although she doesn’t have the level of love (erhm, obsession) that I have. But, she’s a sweet friend and she humors me and my rants. We started talking about birthday nails about a month before her birthday, and when I saw this post by Luster Lacquer I thought I’d found the perfect inspiration. As it turned out Ashlea had seen the same cake that had inspired Colleens mani and loved it so she was really excited about this manicure.

The colors I used were OPI Can’t Find My Czeckbook, OPI Kiss Me on My Tulips, Wet-n-Wild Gold Album, and Wet-n-Wild Flossy Flossy. I used OPI Nail Envy Matte base coat and Seche Vite top coat. I love how these turned out. For the chevrons I used the plastic baggie method where you paint a “sheet” of polish then cut it with craft scissors to make your own polish decals. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing you this method. I also shot a very short video on my Instagram showing what it looks like. I also did a matching pedicure; I’m including a picture of that. Hopefully feet don’t bother you too much!





I hope you like these! I know I do, I’m going to have to recreate a similar look on myself very soon!

Happy polishing!

~casey

***all products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use***

No comments:

Post a Comment