Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday... Bubbles!!!!!

Good morning everyone, happy Tuesday! Happy Twinsie Tuesday! 

Today's prompt is Bubbles!!!!! Ok, I added the !!!!... because I can't stop thinking about the "my bubbles" scene from Finding Nemo. :) 

For today's mani I decided to try a technique I've been wanting to try for a while. 




I started with 2 coats of Polish My Life Breakfast on Fifth. If you haven't tried these indie creams you are seriously missing out. Go check out her shop here, you won't be sorry!

After applying my color I added a quick coat of fast dry topcoat. I let it dry, then went to work with watered down acrylic paint. There are lots of tutorials running around the internet on this one, but the one I used and found most helpful for me was by lovelynailsxx on YouTube. She's also on Instagram, you should check her out! She's got some great tutorials. For some reason this video was the video that finally made the technique click for me... it's very simple, but I just wasn't getting it. lol Once I let my bubbles dry I applied a coat of HK Girl by Glisten and Glow and I was done!

I love how these turned out! They look very wispy and thin, like bubbles in the ocean. But they kind of look like jellyfish too. So many Nemo reminders! I really need more acrylic paints so I can play more with techniques like this.

What do you think of this mani? Have you tried this technique? You definitely should! 

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out the other Twinsies takes on the bubbles prompt! 

Have a great day!

~casey

**All products in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.**

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


No comments:

Post a Comment