Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Rubbernecker, Vintage Metals, Steampunked, Oxygen Bar, and Moonshine In A Jar

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm posting late today, but I had to get the rest of the Loaded Lacquer polishes swatched last night and didn't get a chance to queue up a post. So, you get a night time post for Day 3 of Loaded Lacquer week!

Tonight's post is 5 (count em 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!) lovely polishes. 

Pics and details after the jump!

 
First up is Rubbernecker.




This mani is 3 coats of Rubbernecker sealed in with 1 coat of Glossy Glam.

is subtle black duochrome base with micro shimmer and multi sized metallic rose hex glitters.

This one started off a bit sheer but built nicely. The formula is a little thick, but that is only because of all the glitter packed into it. It's not unworkable at all, just an awesome glitter bomb packed with glitter. This one is really unique to me, and it's beautiful in the sun. Next time I wear it I will probably put it over black just for good measure. 

--------------------

Next we have Vintage Metals. 




For this mani I started with 2 coats of Zoya Dove and topped it with 2 coats of Vintage Metals. Then I sealed it all in with 1 coat of Glossy Glam. 

Vintage Metals is a clear base packed with gold, silver, bronze, gunmetal and rose gold hex and dots. I love this polish. I am envisioning some serious placement manis with this in the future, but it is lovely all on it's own. These glitters shine like little pieces of metal, or mirrors. Its crazy how much reflection Heather was able to pack into this one. And the formula is great. Glitters like this are usually really fickle and have to be placed a lot; but not this one. There was a little placement for bald spots, but it was very minimal. For the most part it flowed pretty flawlessly onto the nail. Its both soft and edgy, very very pretty. 

--------------------

Next up, Steampunked.




For this mani I started with 2 coats of Zoya Dove and topped it with 2 coats of Steampunked sealed in with 1 coat of Glossy Glam. 

Steampunked is a clear base filled to the max with copper, bronze, gold, silver, gunmetal dots and hex as well as black rectangles and copper bars. I don't know if I have ever said this before, but I'm not generally a big fan of shaped glitters... anything other than hex and circles have always kind of turned me off. Til now. I've learned that they need to be done well, and Heather does them well. 

This is a very glitter filled polish, so it can be a little tricky to apply. It's not thick or goopy though, its very workable. Just so much glitter! (not too much, never too much) This one is another unique combo in my eyes, and the name fits it perfectly. 

--------------------

Next, Oxygen Bar.




For this look I started with 1 coat of Zoya Blu added 2 coats of Oxygen Bar and sealed it in with Glossy Glam. 

Oxygen Bar is a clear base filled with matte neon pink, matte neon blue, metallic purple, holographic lavender and periwinkle hex and squares in multiple sizes. 

This was another favorite for me. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a pink and purple girl. Polishes like these are my weakness. This one has a great blend of matte and holo sparkle, it's very fun. And it's packed with glitter. This is two coats but they applied easily, even though its jam packed it flowed nicely. 

--------------------

Last but certainly not least for this post is Moonshine In A Jar. 







This is 3 dabbed coats of Moonshine In A Jar all on its own, sealed in with 1 coat of Glossy Glam. 

Moonshine In A Jar is a clear base with multiple shapes and shades of copper and gold hex glitters sprinkled with a few iridescent glitters. 

The only reason I had to dab this one is because I wanted to wear it alone. If you were going to wear it as a topper it would apply easy breezy. But oh my goodness this was so hard to capture. In person its so much brighter and more gold. I reminds me of the big copper kettles in old fashioned candy shops. So much gorgeous shine! It's great!  

--------------------

That's all for tonight's post. I've got 10 more polishes to show you before Friday's big launch! Follow Loaded Lacquer on Instagram for updates and more pictures! 

**The polishes in this post were provided to me for an honest review. See my full disclosure policy for more details.**




No comments:

Post a Comment