Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Favorite Nail Polish Brand

Good morning everyone! Happy Twinsie Tuesday! 

Today's prompt is Favorite Nail Polish Brand.... this isn't a difficult question for me at all. My favorite nail polish brand is OPI. Picking which colors to use on the other hand, that was agonizing. :) The reason I love OPI so much is the amazing formula. As much as I love glitter, creams are my favorite. And OPI does cream polish like no other main stream brand. Zoya is a close second, but OPI will probably always have my heart. Besides the formula, I am in love with that Pro Wide brush. It's just the right width for my little nails, makes my manis so much easier. 

So then I decided I needed to come up with a design. I debated just a regular 1 color mani... nah, couldn't do that. Thought about mixing in another brand, nah... I wanted all OPI all cream. Then I remembered Saran Wrap. And here is what happened next.











For this mani I used both methods that I've seen for Saran Wrap manis, the kind that removes polish and the kind that dabs it on. First I started with a base of 2 coats of OPI Miss You-Niverse, although 1 would have been plenty. Then I added a coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat to speed up the drying process. Once it was dry, I painted on a fairly thick coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. (My all time very most favorite ever white. I may or may not have 5 backups of this beauty...) Before that was dry, like immediately after painting it on one nail, I took a piece of saran wrap that was crumpled up and dabbed it on he nail. This will take parts of the white off in kind of a folded pattern. After that had dried I dropped some OPI I'm Feeling Sashy on a piece of foil and dipped some more crumpled Saran Wrap in that, dabbed some off, then dabbed some on the nail until I was happy with it. Once that was done I cleaned up my cuticles, topcoated, added drying drops, and called it good.

Now here's the thing with nail art like this... if you're like me, you won't be happy with it. Not at first. I've learned to never make a decision until you add topcoat. And this is a perfect example. I should have taken a picture of it before topcoat. It was a hot mess, all lumpy and rough and uneven. But then I added topcoat and it turned into some pretty awesome art. I'm not 100% happy with it, I see flaws I'd like to have avoided... but overall I really like it. It reminds me of whispy smoke in the best possible way. 

What do you all think? Have you tried Saran Wrap nail art? Do you think the trend is passed? I don't think so, I really like this one and plan to leave it on for several days. 

Be sure to check out the other Twinsies (linked below) to see what they came up with to showcase their favorite brands! Follow all of use on Instagram and Facebook too!

Until next time!

~casey

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


**All polishes in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment