Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday Valentines Inspired Nails

Good morning everyone! Again, I'm sorry I've been a bit absent lately. I feel like a broken record, but life has just been crazy. I'm hoping things will calm down very very soon. :) 

Today's Twinsie Tuesday prompt is Valentine's Day Inspired nails. This type of prompt is easy for me... I love Valentine's Day. Sure, I'm in a happy marriage and am absolutely crazy about my husband. Yes, I'm one of "those" people, I love him more and more each day. I wouldn't sugar coat it though, marriage is hard but it is so worth the work. But we take care of each other, and I love knowing that he's who I'm going to be with for the rest of my life. That's a wonderful feeling. And yes, I'm a sap. But it is all truly how I feel. I wish everyone had what I feel like we have. But, all that being said, I think I would love Valentine's Day either way... because I think love is a great thing to celebrate. All kinds of love in all shapes and sizes. AND hearts! Come on, what's not to love? :) Next to circles/swirls it's my favorite shape.  

So here is what I came up with for today. I have more Valentine's Manis coming this week. 






For this mani I painted 3 thin coats of Pipe Dream Polish McPolish's Awesomesauce on all of my fingers but my ring finger and thumb. Then added 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl topcoat. Awesomesauce is a thermal polish, but I don't think it liked me much. I didn't have much luck getting it out of it's cold state, which is what is see in the pictures. The bottle is a bit lighter, that's more what it should be when warm. To be fair my fingers were freezing all day the day I did these, so that probably didn't help. And I was so anxious to try another mani I didn't leave them on long enough to play. But either way, I love this polish. The formula was fantastic and I'm a total sucker for gray, pink, and black. Perfect combo! Unfortunately this polish isn't currently available but I think April is planning some similar polishes in the near future.

On my ring finger and thumb I used 3 thin coats of OPI Strawberry Margarita. I'm so glad that Elena from ecklipsedbycolor and Kelly from Tuxarina bullied me into buying this one. (hehe... like anyone has to bully me into getting a new polish) It's such a perfect pink! After Strawberry Margarita I applied HK Girl and waited for it to dry completely. Then I used some of my newest Make It Stick Designs decals. April had a giveaway recently and I won! How exciting is that? I love her decals, especially these smaller ones like the key and the heart. I topped those with 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of HK Girl as well. They are sturdy decals so you need some thickness to your toppers. I've also ordered some of her decor for my mom and loved it too. You should definitely check her out!

So what do you all think? I loved this mani, even though I only wore it for a day. I have lots of Valentine themed ideas for you so I'm hoping to do several manis this week. 

Be sure to check out my fellow Twinsie's linked below! I can't wait to see what they came up with!

Until next time!

~casey

**The Pipe Dream Polish in this post was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review**


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra


No comments:

Post a Comment