Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hotter Than a Fantasy

Hey polish friends! How is everyone's week going so far? It finally stopped raining here and we are finally going to get a few days of nice weather.

Tonight is a quick swatch and review post that is pretty picture heavy. This is the 3rd Pipe Dream Polish that I purchased, it is called Hotter Than a Fantasy. This polish is part of April's Just a Girl Collection - all of the polish names are taken from song lyrics by female artists. This title is taken Alicia Keys' Girl on Fire. April describes this in her shop as a sapphire blue base, but to me it looks more purple. Either way, it's really pretty. The glitters are varying sizes of pink and orange. Plus April's awesome, shimmery iridescent little pieces of glittery goodness that I love so much.

This polish is just whoa... glitter bomb like crazy, jelly sandwich in a bottle. For my pictures I used 3 coats and topped it with two coats of Glossy Glam. It is harder to work with than the other two Pipe Dreams that I've posted. But, it should be harder to work with; this one has a lot more glitter and includes the larger, harder to work with pieces. It's just the nature of polishes like this. But it is so worth it! It is so packed with glitter that you don't have to place anything, the only difficulty I had was that it was a bit thick. Quick tip for ya, if you have a chunky glitter that you know you're going to be using soon, try storing it upside down for a little while before polishing. This makes the big glitters come to the top, so when you flip it back over to paint they are right where they need to be for the brush to pick them up. 

This polish is gorgeous! The squishy layers... ugh. I just can't. I'm gonna let the pictures speak for themselves. The sun and light box are the most true to color, but I had to include the shade pictures too because they were too pretty to pass up!

Full Sun

Full Sun

Full Sun Macro

Shade

Shade Macro

Light Box 

Light Box Macro

I love this polish. I love every polish I've purchased from April and I'm getting ready to place another order very soon! What do you think?

Pipe Dream Polish can be purchased through her Etsy store here

Thanks for visiting! I hope you all enjoyed this one! 

~casey

**the polish in this post was purchased by me for my own personal use at a discounted price in return for an honest and unbiased review**





No comments:

Post a Comment