Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pink Elephants and Lemonade...

Hello everyone! It's Thursday!!!! Which means it's almost the weekend. I'm always excited about that. 

Tonight I am VERY excited to bring you a new to me indie polish, Pipe Dream Polish. Pipe Dream is owned and operated by April, a full time dental assistant and full time polish lover. This is what I love about indie polishes, they are made by polish lovers with love. April is no exception. My interactions with her have been nothing but positive. I emailed her asking about blogger discounts and her response was fast and sweet, my order went through quickly and was shipped to me SUPER fast, (4 days from payment to delivery) and every time I've talked to her on Instagram she's just been an absolute doll. I'm already making a list of the polishes I want to order next, not just because I like her so much, but also because I love her polish. 

So far I have purchased four of these polishes, and the one I'm swatching tonight is called Pink Elephants and Lemonade. April describes this polish as "made up of medium and small hot pink and deep yellow matte glitters in a dusty turquoise crelly base." That is spot on. She has mastered the "squishy" look that we all look for in an indie. It's jelly enough for all of the layers of glitter to show through but opaque enough to give you full coverage. The application was flawless, it flowed on smooth and stayed where I put it. I used 3 coats for full coverage, but you could probably get away with 2. I topped it with 2 coats of my favorite topcoat, Glossy Glam by Just Ricarda. (Glossy Glam can be purchased here. Watch her Instagram for restock updates.)

We have had a ton of rain here lately, but I was able to catch a sliver of sunlight tonight to snap a quick pic. 



The rest of these pics were taken in my light box. 

I love the packaging on these. Little details like polish bottles and labels mean a lot to me, look how cute her logo is! 


Here is a nail macro. You can see some bubbling in this picture, but I can't see those on the nail, just with macro lens.


And a macro shot of the bottle. Look at that squishy goodness!!!


Pipe Dream Polish can be purchased through her Etsy store here. I swatched the other 3 colors that I got on a nail wheel and I can already tell that I'm going to be buying many more of these!!! If you can't tell I absolutely love this polish and highly recommend this one and the others to all of you. Go check her out! 

Stay tuned for more swatches from this little mini haul! 

Thanks for reading!

**the polish in this post was purchased by me for my own personal use at a discounted price in return for an honest and unbiased review**



No comments:

Post a Comment