Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Casey Lane Loves Hogsmeade's Honeydukes

Good morning everyone! Today I have one of the most perfect polishes ever for you! And a little lesson in polish terminology.

The beautiful Elena over at Ecklipsed By Color is one of the very sweet friends that I've made since falling into this nail community. She has a great sense of style (that I seriously envy), a great attitude, and as I've recently learned a gift for frankening polishes.

So here is the lesson part: What is the difference between and Indie and a Franken? An Indie is a polish that is hand made using suspension base, pigments, glitters, and all kinds of other magic that I can't come close to understanding. There is no magic formula or recipe out there for it, the people that make these polishes experiment and build recipes until they find the formula they like. Frankening on the other hand is mixing polishes together. You take polishes that you already have, maybe add in some glitter (like Elena did) and keep blending until you get what you want. See the difference?

Personally I've never done either, both seem daunting to me. I stick with polish as it comes and just go with with that. But the lovely Elena made me my very own special Franken, just for me. It's truly one of a kind and I love it. She told me that it is Casey in polish form, and she is totally right. How about some pictures?





Elena named my polish Casey Lane Loves Hogsmeade's Honeydukes. She knows of my deep and intense love of all things Harry Potter, so the name is perfect. 

Elena mixed colors, glitters, and love in this bottle and it turned out a lovely polish. 

And seriously, check out how adorable these labels are!


Elena successfully made the first bar glitter polish that I actually like, so another win!!!

Isn't this great? I love having this special polish that was made just for me. Its so pretty and it wore really well! 

You should all head over to Elenas blog (here) and her Instagram (here). Did I mention how awesome she is? Because she really is. I've made so many great friends through this community, it's amazing.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Talk to you soon!

~casey

No comments:

Post a Comment