Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guest post from Krista

Good morning everyone! Today's guest poster is Krista, 1/2 of KandA Nail Art on Instagram. Krista and I go way back, back to the days when I had a Tumblr. We met on there through a completely different mutual issue/interest and I noticed immediately how sweet she is. And then I found out that she can do some fabulous nails too!

On to her post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! I'm Krista and I am half of @kandanailart on Instagram! The other person who runs it with me is Amanda. She's been my best friend pretty much forever. We live several hundred miles away from each other and thought this was a good way to be able to do something fun together!

A little bit about myself, I am 22, a registered nurse, and engaged to a wonderful man. I'm not currently working because the need for nurses in Texas is quite low, but hopefully I'll find a job soon. My fiancé has a full time job, but on the side has his own NASCAR journalism website and co-hosts a radio show. I've always loved nail polish and painting my nails, but I'd never tried any nail art until recently. Casey is the reason that I decided to try it out!


On to this manicure. The polishes used are Sinful Colors 24/7 and a white Kiss Nail Art striper. I didn't know I had this polish until I was switching purses and I put one down and it clunked really loud. The neon pink polish just happened to show up! It seemed like a sign, along with being one of my favorite nail polish colors, so I knew I just had to use it! 


I started with two coats of 24/7. I then used the striper to make 4 sections on my thumb. I took each of those and just decided which way I wanted the lines to go in the section.









If you've kept reading this far, THANK YOU! This is really exciting for me. Huge thank you to Casey for giving me this opportunity!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for this post Krista! I love these nails!!! You all really need to go check out her co-Instagram for sure. She doesn't great manis and she's so sweet. 

AND, I have an update that I'm happy to announce. Since she wrote this up Krista got a job! Her dream job, Labor & Delivery Nurse!!! How exciting is that? Congratulations Krista! 

~casey


No comments:

Post a Comment