Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bestie Twin Nails with Anna!

Hi everybody! I hope you're doing well today. I am so excited about today's manicure. 

A while back I met a really sweet girl named Anna on Instagram. Her first user name was omgnannerz. Truth be told her name is why I followed her, something about it made me certain I'd like her. :) Then she decided to make a "nails only" account under the name polishfrolic. Love it too. :) You really need to go check this girl out, she has got some serious talent and way too few followers. 

So, Anna and I were talking one day on kik and decided we should do some bestie twin nails. For those of you that don't know what these are, well, the name is pretty self explanatory. You get together with one of your best nail pals and come up with some coordinating manis. Everyone does these differently, but I love the way Anna and I did ours. The only rules we had were navy, roses, stripes, and some kind of glitter. The reason I like this type of twin mani is because it shows just how differently everyone interprets manis. 

So here is my mani. Last week I saw a gorgeous vintage rose mani on Instagram, kayleehazacupcakee. She did dainty little pink roses on a black background. I have no idea why I never thought to do vintage roses on a dark background, they look great! So she was my main inspiration. Her and all the new Zoya's I got last week. This mani is almost all Zoyas. Does anyone else do that? I try to use all the same brand in my manis... I don't know why, but I feel like they play better together. Plus, its Zoya. The formula is amazing... always.


Direct Sunlight

Shade

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box Macro

First of all, I have to say I'm SUPER proud of this index finger. Anna helped me figure out how to do glitter placement from polish, and I did it! It's not perfect, but I love the way it turned out. My topcoat is so shiny it was hard to capture, but you get the idea. 

Colors Used:
Zoya - Sailor (navy blue)
Zoya - Nyx (PixieDust)
Zoya - Sooki (red)
Zoya - Yana (pink)
Zoya - Josie (dark green)
Zoya - Neely (light green)
Zoya - Blu (light blue) 
FingerPaints - Santa's Magic (glitter)
Glossy Glam topcoat

I am so in love with these nails! I used striping tape for my middle finger, dotting tools and tiny brushes for my little roses, and a tiny dotting tool and a dash of patience for my glitter framed finger. 

What do you all think? It's going to be hard for me to take this one off. I love it and I'm really proud of my work. I have a hard time with being proud of my manis, but this one I can freely admit that I did a good job and not feel like I'm being conceited. :)

Here is a pic of Anna's nails. Aren't they lovely? I love how she put her roses on top of the stripes. 


Do me a favor and go check out her Instagram here. Follow her, you won't be sorry! :) She's going to be making another appearance here on my blog very soon!

I hope you all enjoyed this post! I really enjoyed doing these nails. I need to get back into doing more nail art. I love it. 

Talk to you soon!

~casey

**All of the polishes I used for this manicure were purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment