Thursday, September 12, 2013

Red Roses

Good morning everyone. Happy Thursday! 

Today's post is all about some red nails I did for a collaboration over on Instagram. NailsLikeLace and ChristaBellNails put together a second rainbow mani collaboration. I can't imagine what a pain this had to have been for them, but I am so glad they did it. Go check out their Instagrams, they do great work and are super sweet. And this was a big task they took on. 

There were 200 nail girls involved in this one. I was in the "firetruck" group, which just meant that we had to use red. Our manicure had to be at least 95% red anyway, so we could do some nail art in there too. Red is one of my least favorite polish colors to use on myself.... I feel like they put me in there on purpose. But that's good, I like being pushed out of my comfort zone with manicures. (signing up for collabs is a great way to do that to yourself... lol)

The only thing I knew right away was that I was going to use Zoya Sooki, it's a perfect red. I started with that, and ended up with this mani. 

This is the pic I submitted for the collage. 

Natural Sunlight

Light Box
  
Light Box

For my ring finger and thumb I started with a base of Essie Mint Candy Apple. I then used Zoya Sookie and China Glaze Merry Berry and Red Satin to start my roses. I also mixed a little Wet-n-Wild Blank Canvas in with Sooki to get a light color for highlights. Then I used OPI Jade Is the New Black and Zoya Josie for the leaves. My other nails are 2 coats of Zoya Sooki with 1 coat of Glossy Glam on top of it all to seal it in and make it glossy. 

What do you think? I loved this mani, even if it is red. I like the way red looks, mostly... But what I really don't like is working with it. It stains and is just a pain in the butt for me. But that's just me. :) 

Here is the collage that the girls made with all 200 manis. Pretty awesome huh? I'm on the left side, 7th from the bottom. :)


You should head over to Instagram an check out the tag #rainbow2collab to see all of the other lovely manis! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! I'll talk to you soon!

~casey

**All polishes in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment