Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Zoya Hope

Good morning polish friends! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. :) 

Today I have another Zoya for you all. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I haven't always loved Zoya. But thanks to a few of my fellow polishing friends I've seen the error in that. I'm not going to admit to how many Zoya's I've bought in the last month or so... but it's safe to say it's becoming one of the more prevalent brands in my collection. 

Toady's post is Hope. About a month ago I placed my biggest polish order ever, ordering the entire fall PixieDust collection and a few others that I'd been lusting after. Hope was part of that haul, and it did not disappoint. 

Zoya describes Hope as "Flashy medium violet-purple with frosty blue, red and silver colored shimmer." I don't think I could say it any better myself, except that there is quite a bit of sparkle to this polish. Maybe that's what they mean when they say "shimmer", but I say sparkle. This polish is bright without being in your face, and bold without being too much. It is much bolder in the sun than in the shade or indoors, it's one of those awesome polishes that looks completely different in different lights. I love that, it's like getting 2 for 1 in the same bottle. 

I tried to get pictures in different lights to show the difference for you. 

Direct Sun

Natural light, shade

 
Direct sun MACRO! See that sparkle??? 

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box macro

For these pictures I used 3 thin coats of hope and topped it with Glossy Glam. The application on this wasn't great, it was a little more watery and runny than I prefer. But, it was manageable, and cleanup was a cinch. My trusty ELF concealer brush and a little acetone tidied it right up. 

Zoya nail polish can be purchased from their site www.zoya.com. It can also be purchased at some salon retailers and Ulta stores. 

Let me know what you think! I love reading all of your comments!

Until next time!

~casey

**The polish in this post was purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment