Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

Good morning everyone! As you might have guessed, today is my birthday!!! My 33rd birthday to be exact. I'm not really a fan of my birthdays, not because of age either; I am adopted, that brings a set of VERY mixed emotions for me. This is a polish blog so I'm not going to go into that here. But I will say that one thing that I have been looking forward to since my last birthday is a birthday manicure. Don't ask me why, but it's just one of those things that I've REALLY been wanting to do. I guess maybe because it's the only time of the year that it's "acceptable" for a 33 year old woman to have cupcakes on her nails? No, that can't be it. My nieces have assured me that you don't "age out" of nail polish. :) I think I just wanted something cheerful on what can otherwise be a difficult day for me.

So here it is, my 33rd birthday many. :)





For most of my mani I started with a base of two coats of OPI I Theadora You, then one coat of Lush Lacquer Freckles, then another coat of I Theodora You. Love a good jelly sandwich. :) 

Then for my accent nails I started with 2 coats of OPI Planks A Lot. Then I painted half my nail with the pink (OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips). Once that dried I used a striping brush and striped on the blue. (OPI Can't Find My Czeckbook) I let that dry, then using a small brush I painted on the "frosting" with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I did the sprinkles with more Lush Lacquer Freckles and then sealed it all in with a coat of Glossy Glam! 

There you have it, birthday nails by yours truly! I love them, they're very cheerful which has been helpful this week. 

I hope everyone has a great day! 

~casey

**All polishes in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.**

No comments:

Post a Comment