Monday, September 9, 2013

Holo Galaxy Nail Art

Good morning everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, I took the weekend off. :) 

Today I have a little nail art for you. Saturday night we went on a double date w/ my sister & her hubby to see City of Bones. Mel & I read the book series together, so we've been pretty excited to see the movies together. She's my favorite reading partner so I always look forward to these things. 

So, I thought I should do a City of Bones inspired mani. I planned to do galaxies with runes on my accent nails, but those runes were much harder to paint than I thought they would be, so I went with all galaxies. It kind of fits I suppose. If you haven't read the books you really should, they're great. And the movie wasn't bad either. :) 

I've had the idea to use holo polishes for galaxy nails for a while, and I'm glad I tried it. The sparkle, whoa... I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Full Sun

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box

I started with a base of Zoya Storm. It's a lovely black with holo glitter that is really almost like shards than glitter. (I have more pictures and a review of it here.) After that was completely dry I used a sponge to dab a few spots of OPI Black Onyx to black out parts of it, then I used the sponge to dab on the holo polishes to make my galaxies. I used Color Club Halo Hues in Over the Moon, Eternal Beauty, and Miss Bliss. After that I used a little bit of the black, and OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts to tone it down a bit. I then dabbed glitters from FingerPaints Santas Magic for stars. Once I was done I topped it all off with Glossy Glam topcoat. 

Over all I am really happy with how these turned out.What do you all think? 

I'm going to try and get back on schedule this week. I've got some fun nail art and great swatches coming up for you! 

I hope you all have a happy Monday!

~casey

**All polishes in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.**



No comments:

Post a Comment